City Services and Offices
March 27, 2020
Virtual Meeting Access
During the COVID-19 pandemic, City Council and committee meetings will be held virtually for committee members and for members of the public who wish to participate. These meetings will be held via ZOOM. Instructions and meeting codes for each meeting will be published here 24 hours prior to the meeting. Click here to visit the Virtual Meetings page.
Upcoming Virtual Meetings
March 31, 5:30 p.m. Transportation Committee
Click here for ZOOM meeting instructions
March 23, 2020
Services is waiving all adoption fees currently due to the COVID19 pandemic.
The Animal Services office is now closed to the public. However, if you are interested in adopting, please follow these steps:
- If you are interested in an adoptable shelter pet, please call the shelter at 479-444-3456 and speak with the staff member in charge of the pet’s care.
- If you think the pet will be a good fit, next fill out the adoption application which can be found on the city’s website at the link below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Link: http://www.fayetteville-ar.gov/539/Animal-Adoption-Process
- Lastly, Animal Services will arrange a time for you to come to the shelter, meet the pet, and if all goes well, take the pet home!
March 19, 2020
The City’s Recycling and Trash Collection Division office will be closed to the public starting at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 19, 2020. We will remain operational with certain staff continuing to work in the office and other staff working from home. Signage is posted on our front door with closure information and contact numbers. Please contact us at 479-575-8398 if you have any questions.
The Spring Bulky Waste Cleanup Days and Sites will go on as scheduled.
The City’s Parks and Recreation Department offices will be closed to the public starting today. Staff will be answering the telephone at 479-444-3471 and emails at email@example.com between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
March 18, 2020
- City Hall will be closed to the public beginning March 19. While City Hall is closed, in-person payments for bills and invoices will not be available. The payments office will continue to be staffed, and they will process payments and reports as usual. Customers may use drop-boxes outside of City Hall (check or money order only) and continue to make payments through the mail or electronically through the City’s payments page here. Requests for new service can be made by phone or by email. For new service contact information, please go here.
- The Media Services Office is closed to the public beginning today.
- Effective immediately, the City Gym will be open only to police department employees.
- The Community Resources division office will be closing to the public starting today, March, 18 at 1:00 pm. We are still operational. We can be reached at our main number 479 575-8260.
The City’s scheduled Census Clinics have been canceled until further notice.
Lake Sequoyah and Lake Fayetteville bait shops, boat ramps, and boat docks are closed.
March 17, 2020
- Parks and Recreation Department Office is open to the public from 10 am until 2 pm on Monday through Friday starting today. The Yvonne Richardson Community Center is closed but has staff working on site. Our Department is operating with some staff working from the office and others working from their homes. Park Maintenance Staff are essential staff and are working their normal schedule of 7 am – 3:30 pm. Please contact us by email or 479-444-3471 if you have questions.
- The Department of Economic Vitality will be closed to the public starting 1:00PM on Tuesday March 17, 2020. We are still fully operational with our Business Development Manager working remotely and the Director working half-time at City Hall and half-time remotely. All contractual support services are still available. To stay up to date on resources for businesses impacted by COVID-19, please check out our website: Fayetteville COVID-19 Business Resources. The Department of Economic Vitality will be available at 479.575.8221 or email DHowland@fayetteville-ar.gov
- Startup Junkie Consulting is fully remote, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce is open, yet they are requesting all meetings and inquiries be conducted via email and phone. To contact the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce, please call 479.521.1710
- The Human Resources office will be closed to the public (exceptions are limited to individuals needing to complete forms for background checks, drug tests and new hire paperwork for essential and core staff, by appointment only). All staff will be available to City of Fayetteville employees during normal business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Staff will alternate working remotely and working in the office. Please utilize email for the quickest response time.
- The fire stations and offices are now closed to the public. There will be no interruption in services. Our personnel, depending on their position, will be working onsite or remotely.
- Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah Bait Shops will be closed starting Wednesday, March 18 until further notice.
- Animal Services will be closing to the public starting today, March, 17th at noon. We will be open to the public for adoptions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 5:30 pm. Staff will still be caring for the animals as normal, and we will be answering phones as normal. Animal control officers will be switching to emergency only calls beginning today, March 17 at noon. Staff will still be working with citizens to help them reclaim their pet(s) if they are impounded by an animal services officer. Animal Services is temporarily suspending owner surrenders and our income-based spay/neuter clinic until further notice.
- The City Clerk Treasurer’s Office will be closed to the public starting Tuesday, March 17 2020. We are still operational with some staff continuing to work in the office and some staff working from home. Signage is posted on our front door with closure information and contact numbers for the City Clerk Treasurer’s Office. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or at 479-575-8324 if you have any questions.
- Until further notice, Development Services will be closed to the public due to COVID-19. We are still operational. You can reach us at the contact numbers listed below.We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your flexibility and cooperation during this time.
- Building Safety: 479-575.8238
- Development Services: 479-575.8233
- Engineering: 479-575.8206
- Planning: 479-575.8267
- Parks and Recreation is suspending spring programs and events held in the Fayetteville parks system until further notice. This includes, but is not limited to, youth and adult soccer, baseball, softball, ultimate frisbee, disc golf, sand volleyball and all park volunteer events. Click here for more information.
- The Yvonne Richardson Community Center is closed until further notice.
- The City’s Parking Division will be closed to the public starting at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. We are still operational with some staff continuing to work in the office and some staff working from home. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-8280 if you have any questions.
March 16, 2020
- SUSPENDED - Fayetteville Police Department community outreach and scheduled community events have been suspended for the next 30 days. Please contact our Community Oriented Policing Division at 479-587-3580 for guidance if you have a scheduled event.
Agency tours and ride-along programs are temporarily suspended.
- CLOSED - Effective Tuesday, March 17, the Fayetteville Senior Activity and Wellness Center, operated by the Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Arkansas, is suspending social programs, wellness classes, trips, activities, and congregate meals for two weeks at our Center in Walker Park. Our facility will be closed to the public, but we will continue to provide home-delivered meals and essential taxi Services to our clients. For clients who drive to the Center for our lunch, we will provide a curbside drive-thru pickup option for a hot lunch. Please call the Senior Center at 479-571-2920 for more information or to register for lunch pick-up.
March 13, 2020
March 12, 2020
- CANCELLED - Midtown Trail Corridor Public Meeting and Presentation The public is encouraged to learn more about the project and provide input via Speak Up Fayetteville.
This is all the information we have about City government-related closures at this time. We will continue to update this page for cancellations, postponements, etc. Consider signing up to receive Media Release emails at this link (look under News Flash, you will be sent an email to confirm your subscription).